Project Engineer – Transportation – San Antonio Texas
If you’re looking for an opportunity that is different and more enriching than a typical Roadway Engineer role, then Lamb-Star is the place for you. Working with our close knit Engineering Group, you’ll have influence to control your career. We don’t just design projects, we empower people!
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
Lamb-Star Engineering is seeking a Roadway Engineer for the San Antonio, TX office. The candidate will assist in designing roadway projects from various stages ranging from preliminary to final design. They will collaborate with the complimentary disciplines (roadway, drainage, structural, traffic, public involvement and environmental) to develop transportation projects such as roadway, bridge, rail, transportation planning, and preliminary design for environmental documents. Possess strong verbal, written, and organizational skills. Must have a basic knowledge of all aspects of transportation design, including hydraulic & hydrologic, structural, utility and traffic design. Proficient in design geometry (horizontal alignments, vertical alignments, typical sections, super-elevation) of roadways and highways in accordance with industry design standards including AASHTO, municipalities, TxDOT & other DOTs.
- Compile data, perform and check dimensional and routine calculations, and ensure compliance with required design criteria.
- Proficient with 3D Modeling using OpenRoads, Power InRoads or Power Geopak.
- Produce documents using MS Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, and Outlook.
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering
- 5-10 years of civil / roadway design experience
- Texas PE or ability to obtain within 6 months
- Proficient in Microstation, ProjectWise, Open Roads and InRoads/Geopak
- Basic to advanced knowledge of 3D modeling
- Basic skills in Microsoft Office products (Excel, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint)
- Ability to effectively communicate, both verbally and in writing
- The ability to clearly communicate and collaborate with Engineers, Designers, and Clients
- Willing to mentor younger engineers or EITs
- Possess critical thinking skills necessary to plan, conceptualize and anticipate next steps
- Capable of recognizing conflicts and discrepancies with strong attention to detail
- Ability to work effectively on a team of engineers, technical experts and designers, as well as working independently with little supervision
- TxDOT project experience (other DOT is acceptable), and TxDOT pre-certification is preferred.
Please send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org